Monday, August 4, 2014

Getting in Early


Hello Scrapmatts fans Renee here with some new creations from the last month :) 
I'm sure that some of you out there are super organized and are able to sit back and relax not stress about Christmas time as you have all the gifts purchased wrapped and posted in more then enough time. I am soooo not one of those people - BUT I would love to be and am working on slowing bringing in the necessary changes to make that happen. So I am creating Christmas tags and cards now in between layouts and projects.
Here are a couple that I have done this month:



Christmas Card

 For this card I have started off with CB6094 Mini Tray Stamp 01 which I have painted with gold inka gold then added a layered and green Gelly rolled CB6083 Bows 01SW016 Merry Christmas gessoed and a red CB1105 Santa with Reindeers 01which I also added some gold gelly roll detailing. I added CB1214 Scrap Words 16 trim the tree words as a lil' something and to balance off the red ribbon






Next I have created this tag: 

Christmas Tag

For this more non-tradionally coloured Chrissy tag I have used a CB3011 Tags 07 as the base simply gessoing it  and the small sprig from the CB1146 Leaf Spray 01 and then using texture paste through a fine stencil on the tag. Once dry I then used some Sparkling H2o's to add some colour.  I have then used a CH015 Filigree Squares #1 charm which I rubbed over with gold inka gold and also did the CB1093 Reindeers 01 at the same time. Lastly I painted the Peace on earth chappy from the CB6079 Assorted Words 11 with black gesso and once dry I have very carefully edged with a chalkboard gelly roll pen.


Next I was asked to participate in a blog hop with a difference and I did this quick photo tute of my scrappy process: 







Step by step in pics!

I started off with this heavy gsm board as it holds the mixed media products best.

 
Now I got a bit carried away (lost in the scrap moment and so close to the start i know!!) and forgot to photograph the steps between here but use your imagination and pretend that I did! I LOVE book paper and I picked up this dictionary at a local op shop for $1 so I could scrap with it :) I simply tore strippy bits and stuck them down on the board using gel medium in a kinda hour glass shape. Next I used a dotty stencil and gesso over the top.

The next step I chose out some mists and randomly sprayed over background. You may ask why these colours and the answer is simply because the blue one was new! 

I wasn't quite happy with the result and felt it needed a lil' sumpin' so when in doubt as peach.

Next I added a few touches of the gold Inka Gold by scooping out a small amount onto my mat, adding a bit of water and using a paint brush to apply.

Once it had all dried off I grabbed my new stamp and black Archival Ink and "rolled" the stamp onto the background here and there for some depth.


Next I chose what photo I wanted to use and rummaged through my Scrapmatts chippies till I found what would work and positioned and stuck down. (I didn't end up using the smaller packet of rose chippies as I just snipped the longer one and used the bits that would have been covered up by the photo.) 

I then painted the roses with the H2O.  (I know that it says Mustard Green but it is an awesomely cool antique gold kinda colour :) I painted the fame with gesso and the actual rose flowers blue but I can't remember what I used (sorry! lost in the moment again!)


I then added some D-Lish flowers (and some gold Prima ones) and a laser cut butterfly that I had used the other half yonkers ago.


Lastly I added some lace and velvet trim, a quote sticker and the title which I painted with the gold H2O again. I then went back and traced around my title with a black pen (I really wanted to use white but I couldn't find it and was too impatient to look for it! - UPDATE: I found it today on my husbands art table mmmm, found it's own way there I think!)

Thanks for looking!
luvReneexoxo



4 comments:

  1. So cute Renee, great tutorial..just love your backgrounds, never too early for christmas though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work!! thanks for the tuto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Renee! Love the colours that you work with and the texture on your tag is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tute, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete