Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A bit of vintage playing...


I was fortunate enough to be given some amazing photos of my husband's Grandparents. Not only has it allowed me to have fun playing but our girls have been fascinated by the stories they have been told about their lives. I decided to make two canvases, one of Pa and one of Nanna and the new releases from Scrapmatts certainly provided a heap of inspiration!
I just love how serene Nanna looks in this photo and worked with lots of girly pink tones as my base:
Using Scrapmatts chipboard Chains 02 CB1229, Diamond Mesh 03 CB5127, Tabs 01 CB5117 and Scrap Words 06 CB1198 and Scrap Words 07 CB1199 along with Scrapmatts Charms Filigree Flower 14 CH074, Filigree Flower 16 CH076 and Keys 03 CH064


How gorgeous are the new Mesh Panels and Chains?


Next I worked on Pa's canvas using blue and green tones:
Using Scrapmatts chipboard Diamond Mesh 03 CB5127, Chains CB1229, Gears 05 CB1078 and Scrap Words 05 CB1197 and Scrap Words 07 CB1199 along with  Scrapmatts Charms Filigree Flower 16 CH076 and Filigree Flower 9 CH069 (I just used the inside part of the flower)
The chipboard works perfectly with your existing stash of metal embellishments especially if you use a metallic heat embossed finish. Here I used a vintage bronze embossing powder on the chain and added it to my light globe:


The Gears have been finished in the same vintage bronze:


Don't forget to check out all the new releases here 
Also I'm very excited to be teaching at Scrapbook Expo in Brisbane in June along side the gorgeous Crece Thomas and Tracey Fowler. You will find us in the Scrapmatts Classroom 3. The bookings open soon but you can check out the sneak peeks and class descriptions here
Happy crafting :)
Sonia x

1 comment:

  1. Sonia these canvases are just amazing, what a great way to preserve memories of grandparents..love them

    ReplyDelete