Thursday, June 9, 2016

Love that and Masculine Card

Thanks for joining me today, to see my Scrapmatts blog for June.
I really enjoyed playing with one of the new Stencils ST 5030 Flowers
to create some texture for this layout.

I used heavy water colour paper for the background, knowing I wanted to get it wet with sprays and texture paste and it performed really well.
I used a sketch by Laura Whitaker, with her permission.
She created it for ScrapMuch. Thank you Laura.
I added some tiny beads to the centre of the stencilled flowers.
The small flower buds are from Scrapmatts. They come in a pack of 25.
The paper is from Lemon Owl, "Forget me not".
Scrapmatts chipboard used:-
 CB 5131 Bubbles 01 and the arrow title CB 6095 
Assorted Words 18, all were heat embossed.
The stamps are from Prima.

The photo was taken during the school holidays, when we had all four Grandchildren for the day. 

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-

It was fun seeing you all play together and getting along so amicably.  Esther, you were patient all morning and went along with the boys Star Wars Lego games.  You did try clapping your hands together at one stage and saying, “Listen up Boys”, but when you got no reaction at all, you gave up on that approach.   Eventually, after lunch, you managed to coax your cousins outside with the idea of mud play, although somewhere along the way, the playing evolved into a skirmish, with mud flying in all directions.  You got your wish, which was to “Get filthy with mud up to my eyebrows”!
26th April 2016.  Love Granny

My second project is a masculine card for any occasion.
Scrapmatts chipboard used:-
The birds, lighthouse and banner were treated with
a light coat of gesso
and the title left black
CB 1188 Birds 06
CB 1204 Ribbon Banner 01
CB 1221 Nautical Designs 04
CB 1189 Scrap Words 01

The papers are from Maja

Thanks for calling in today, I hope you found something to inspire you.
CLICK HERE
To see all the gorgeous Scrapmatts products,
including the new releases.
Do you enjoy using Scrapmatts products?  Why not post your projects in the Scrapmatts gallery.  We'd love to see your creations.

4 comments:

  1. These are both stunning Helen! I might have to get my hands on that pretty flowers stencil too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Helen, and the flower stencil work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work, Helen!
    Love both projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story to go with the layout. I like the idea of the beads in the flower centres. Great card.

    ReplyDelete