Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Something Old is New by Danielle Vertigan

When you come full circle it can be a beautiful thing......
Every Crafters will have had that moment when you look at your project and its just not happening.
Its not coming together...
It can be both challenging and heartbreaking!
You've spent so much time on it...
Used so much product on it...
No matter which way you turn it, its not coming together?
Then the dilemma????
WHAT DO YOU DO????
ME???? I'm a hoarder. I struggle to throw anything out when I craft.
The tiniest scrap could be something???
Couldn't it?


 
So I started with an Arch Window Frame 07 CB4038
Its a piece of loved but to beautiful to use!!
We all know that feeling, It has to be just right.
 
 
So I opened my bag of goodies and started to flick....
Stencil, Cardstock... What do I want?
And there it was....
This background was once a source of pain.
I had stamped through a stencil. Water Coloured it.
Layered patterned paper, Applied texture paste, Spritzed it and more water colour.
It wasn't happening.
I gesso'd over the top still not happening and finally packed it away!
Its been that way a long, long time never to be thought of again.
Today I have come full circle.....
 

 
I turned it. Layered my frame on it and immediately knew what photos I wanted!
I love that with the frames it doesn't have to be all photos, the texture from the hessian is perfect.
some circles with my tape rolls as guides. Perfect, simple and easy.
 
 
Then to layer.
 I think by far my favourite pieces at the moment is anything nature inspired.
Here I've used
CB5165 Lavender 01
CB5166 Leaf Spray 15
I've kept it simple with chalk ink and I couldn't be happier with the results.
 

The feathers add a soft touch
Today I'm working with CB5116 Feathers 01 in White mist.
I have also chosen to leave them be, they are just perfect as they are.

 
Don't be afraid to layer the inks and add another dimension.

 
My next Share is Bright, Pink and Pretty
Plus who doesn't love string circles
CB5114 String Circles 01
Here I have inked them in white and then used a silver embossing powder.
 
 
 
I love the confetti look of this stencil.
Its quickly becoming a favourite....
ST1028
 
 
I've also added detail by using a White gel pen over my Colour Blast Colour Paste.
 
 
These Butterflies are Gorgeous and come with a bundle on the sheet for you to play with
CB4010 Butterflies 03
I've layered the 3 sizes and coloured them using Shimmer Pots.
They look stunning and really pop off the page.
 
 
I twist of shabby, a touch of ink, some stamping and journaling...
and I think we are there!
Don't forget to stop by www.papertoleaustralia.com
for all your Scrapmatts needs you wont be disappointed!
 
I hope you've enjoyed a little wonder through my projects.
Id love to see what you can do with something you once rode off as hopeless?
Hidden treasures are everywhere!
 
 
Till next month
Danni
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh well done with saving the first layout and turning it into something special. Yes, I have those days too. Love it and I love the light, fresh, pretty feel of the butterfly page as well. Super duper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your story of the background, and yes I have done that too.. so glad you got it out and used it with the arch frame, the whole page looks amazing, love the photos and love the cluster in the corner too.. and your pretty feminine page is so delightful too.. love the string circles!! Beautiful creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply love your layouts, Danielle!
    The green in them gives them both a certain freshness, that is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danni your first layout is stunning!! I have plenty of backgrounds I've started and put away... you have made me want to go back through them to see what I can do xxx

      Delete