Sunday, June 25, 2017

Telephone Box by Christine

Hello to all our Scrapmatts followers.  I hope you're having a lovely month so far.  I've been creating up a storm with Scrapmatts' gorgeous Telephone Box (CB7012) chipboard set and I'm so excited to share it with you.  Grab a cuppa and I'll walk you through my telephone booth.
 
 
Does it seem familiar to you? If it is, then you must be a Dr. Who fan!  It's very much inspired by the infamous Tardis.  It may not be labeled as "Police Box", but the colors and elements on this telephone booth are all Tardis inspired.
 
 
Scrapmatts Chipboards: Telephone Box 01 (CB7012), Telephone Dial (CB5115), Circles 02 (CB5152), Sticks 02 (CB5153), Gears 03 (CB1075)
 
Scrapmatts Stencil: Bubbles (ST5001)
 
 
I like how the door is actually designed to open, and the hinges are actually provided for you.
 
I've painted all chipboard parts with Tattered Angels' High Impact Paint, then added layers of other mediums to add some contrasting blue color and texture.
 
 
I've added some Gears chipboard on some sides of the telephone booth, keeping to the Tardis theme.
 
At the back I've stenciled some black gesso to the Bubbles Stencil to surround the awesome Circles and Gears chipboards.
 
 
I went for a mechanical galaxy look and feel throughout the telephone booth, as I've mentioned having Dr. Who's Tardis as the main inspiration.
 
 
You may wonder, where is the top cover of this telephone booth? This gorgeous set of chipboard actually does not come with a top cover, because it comes with 4 chipboard tags that you can easily slip in and out from the opening. 
 
 
In this project I've used 3 instead of 4 chipboard tags, which means I've got a spare tag left for creating.  These tags are also available to purchase separately from the Scrapmatts shop.
 
 
I've trimmed 2 of the tags smaller to get different lengths, and used the same paint to color the base of the chipboards tags. 
 
 
Scrapmatts Chipboards: String Circles 07 (CB4071), Sticks 02 (CB5153), Burnt Cream Scrap Words 24 (CB1238)
 
Scrapmatts Stencil: Splatter (ST5010), Circle Stains (ST5009), Paint Drips (ST1009)
 
 
 I then added some stains and drips stenciling on each tag to go with the masculine colors and theme.
 
 
The String Circles chipboards enhanced the tags' galaxy theme, along with the versatile Sticks chipboard.  The Burnt Cream Scrap Words were the perfect finishing touch to the each tag, and some extra splattering on top. I just couldn't resist :).
 
 
How good do the tags look inside the telephone booth?
 
 
I really enjoyed creating this Tardis inspired Telephone booth...it's masculine, mechanical and galaxy theme altogether with splashes of bright color.  It also gave me a wee break from using flowers and I always feel a crafty accomplishment whenever I create a masculine project.
 
 
Now I'm ready to give this to my friend who absolutely looooooves Dr. Who.  I hope she likes it as much as I do.  The show has such a clever idea of having a police box that transports you in different places and time.
 
 
Thanks for popping in and I hope you enjoyed looking through my Tardis inspired Telephone Booth.  Maybe this has inspired you to create with Scrapmatts' off the page chipboard projects?  There's a good selection to choose from the online shop HERE, along with other Scrapmatts chipboards and stencils.
 
Until next month.  Keep an eye out for more inspiration from the Scrapmatts team.
 
Cheers,
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is something a bit different, but oh so amazing and creative.. love what you have done with the phone booth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG This is Amazing. Totally love it Christine. The colour is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whovians would be delighted to see this OTP project. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Christine this Tardis is so awesome..
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete