Thursday, August 17, 2017

Hot off the Factory Press...A rusty old book!!!!


Hi There
Jodie with you today sharing my DT project for the month.
This item is Hot off the Factory Press and soon to be released by Scrapmatts.

I had the great pleasure of being on the Scrapmatts stall at the Craft show in Perth with Andrew, Paul, Rikki and Rhonda. We had a fabulous time and I was given this little treasure to play with.
This gorgeous chipboard book.



Inspired by the new paper range from Kaisercraft Factory 42, I decided that I would like to grunge mine up and make it industrial looking using lots of cog chipboard and some metal embellishments.


Once I had covered the book with the Factory 42 papers, I wanted to add some texture, so I used the gears stencil with some ranger texture paste transparent gloss.




For the spine of the book, I used the cog boarder. Now this was tricky, as I wanted it to bend with the spine, so I used a little water to help mould it to the spine and then stuck it with some super glue. 







To cover the book I used a combination of chipboard, collectables and metal embellishments. There really is no process to this for me, I just place it down and stick. I find that when I do it like this, with no plan, it gives the best results.














Back Cover


This is the finished project. Front, Back and Inside of the Book. I am not sure what I am going to use it for yet, so I just covered the inside with the papers.



To colour the chipboard and embellishments, I have used the patina rust paste collection from Finnabair, along with the rust paste in brown, gold and red. I just love the rusty grunge look they achieve. 


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest project and I hope that it inspires you to find your grunge.

To keep up to date on all things Scrapmatts, please visit the website and follow us here






Until next time

Dream * Create * Inspire

JD
xxx


3 comments:

  1. You most the most of the chipboard Jodie and grunged up a storm. Epic layering and texture achieved here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this looks awesome, just love all the texture and those cogs look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete